Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy Train Now Boarding

When I was 16 my family and I lived in Hawaii. "Oooh la la", I'm sure you're thinking. Well, think again. I played the part of the angry teenager that season. But that's neither her nore there. Not sure why I even brought it up to tell ya the truth. I have a tendency to vary from my original thought from time to time.

Anyhoo, when I was 16 (well there you have it, I guess there was a reason I brought up living in Hawaii), I was laying in bed listening to the radio trying to get to sleep. All of a sudden my bed started shaking. Know what my first thought was? Yep, I thought I was possessed. I remember laying there thinking, "oh shit, am I possessed?" Thank GAWD the radio was on because a few minutes later the DJ came on and said, "Whoa 'dah brawdah I tink we jus had an earth quake."
Whew, dodged that bullet.

Another time shortly thereafter I walked into my bedroom to put something away. I glanced up at my window and saw these two red blinking lights. Startled, I screamed. Know what I thought was out there? Aliens. I screamed, "Dad, there's something outside!" I wasn't foolish enough to add the part about aliens though. Don't need that coming back to bite me in the ass later! So dad runs outside to investigate when I realized that the two red blinking lights happened to be the reflection of my clock radio. C'mon! It was an honest mistake easily made by anyone of you. Right?

Ooops, my bad. Sorry you had to do that....again. This was totally different than the time when I was 7 and thought there were ghosts in the hall closet and it turned out to be just our dog Jiggy in there playing with the wrapping paper.

Night and Day different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As my daddy used to say, "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink". That being said, do your worst, or best, which ever. (I prefer best though)